In this post about email marketing, Jack Booman builds an incredible case for not only embracing email marketing but for doing it well.
Email is your #1 relationship builder, information deliverer, and sales closer… NOT Facebook… NOT Instagram… NOT Twitter (although they all have their place).
Not convinced? Jack levels with the facts…
- You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet. – Campaign Monitor
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. – McKinsey
- 81% of online shoppers who receive emails based on previous shopping habits were at least somewhat likely to make a purchase as a result of targeted email. – eMarketer
- When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more. – DMA
- Email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share your content via social media than visitors from other sources. – QuickSprout
- 72% of people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. – MarketingSherpa
- Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, including search and social. – Monetate
- A message is 5x more likely to be seen in email than via Facebook. – Radicati
And the best little piece of advice Jack gives is his reminder about the WIIFM principle. If you want your emails to be persuasive, you answer the question for the reader: What’s in it for me?Read the Full Article